Great Plains Repent and Resist Ash Wednesday is quickly approaching! Contact Rev. Ashley Prescott Barlow-Thompson with any questions.
The purpose of this event is to repent from and reject the Traditional Plan, resisting evil and injustice in whatever forms they present themselves, living faithfully as Christians and Wesleyans and affirming the sacred worth of all persons. Repent and Resist: Ash Wednesday 2020 will be marked with prayer, song, and community on February 26th, 2020 from 8 am to 5 pm. This date marks one year since the official passing of the Traditional Plan as well as Ash Wednesday, which begins our traditional season of repentance.
You can sign up to participate or follow the links below to specific Facebook pages districts have made. If there is not a link, the sign up will help connect you with your district.
- Blue Rivers: Connection Point, Lincoln, NE
- Dodge City: online
- Elkhorn Valley: online
- Five Rivers: Osborn Chapel, BU Campus
- Flint Hills: Reading UMC AND College Ave UMC
- Gateway: Gateway District Office and TBD
- Great West: online
- Hays: online
- Hutchinson: online
- Kansas City: St. Paul’s UMC
- Missouri River: Saint Paul Omaha Roth Chapel.
- Parsons: Wesley UMC
- Prairie Rivers: led by Michelle Reed & Greg Reed, location TBA
- Salina: led by Stephanie Johannes & Steve Thompson, location TBA
- Topeka: Topeka First UMC
- Wichita West and East: East Heights UMC